Terms and Conditions of Use
The TEL COP site provides users with access to information sources and contributed by members and COL’s Partner institutions voluntarily. The contents are provided as a courtesy to users of the site on an “as is” basis, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, fitness for particular purpose and non-infringement of intellectual property. COL or any of its partner institutions, including the host of the site (FNU) shall not be liable whatsoever for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of this Site.
While anyone can use the site, membership is free to teachers and staff in the Commonwealth institutions. Particularly, the site encourages members implementing COL’s TEL model.
Registration and Accounts
- Any Visitor can view the contents of the site; in order to participate fully in all activities on the TEL CoP platform, you must register for a personal account on the Website by providing your name and email address and creating a password.
- While setting up your account, you may be prompted or required to enter additional information, including but not limited to your gender, age-group and location.
- All information provided by you should be accurate at the time of registration.
- We reserve the rights to suspend or terminate any registered account to enroll in and use the site without assigning any reason
- You promise that information you give us is true, accurate and complete and that you will keep your account information up-to-date (including a working email address).
- Your membership is not transferrable.
- It is your responsibility to keep your userid and password safe.
- You are responsible for any use of the TEL CoP platform that occurs in conjunction with your useris and password.
- You will follow the Community guidelines at all time.
FAIRNESS & RESPECT
TEL CoP is founded on the idea of community and like any functioning and healthy community, some things are not allowed and will not be tolerated. We aim to take a common sense approach to the general code of conduct on telcop.net but you promise that you will not:
- attempt to or actually interrupt, negatively impact or alter the operation of the TEL CoP website in any way;
- use the TEL CoP website or any of the content in a way that violates applicable law, that violates the intellectual property or other rights of us or others, or that is fraudulent, obscene, unprofessional, offensive, misleading or defamatory;
- We strongly recommend that you don’t make your contact details public on the discussion forum or blog on the TEL CoP platform;
- Attempt to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security related features of the Website;
- Transmit any data or send or submit any content that contains viruses, harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- Use the platform to solicit business or share advertisement for products or services offered by you as trade or in connection with a commercial enterprise;
- Access or attempt to access any other Visitor or users’ account or falsely state, impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to misrepresenting your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- Post, use or transmit unsolicited or unauthorised content, including advertising or promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of unsolicited or unwelcome solicitation or advertising; and
- Post or transmit content that is harmful, offensive, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, defamatory, hateful or otherwise discriminatory, false and misleading, incites an illegal act, or is otherwise in breach of your obligations to any person or contrary to any applicable laws and regulations.
We can look at or remove any of your content for any reason at our discretion. Reasons might include quality assurance, if we receive a valid copyright take-down notice, if we think that the use of your content is unauthorised, misleading, incorrect, offensive, or in breach of anyone else’s rights, or if we think that your use of the TEL CoP platform and any content might result in liability to us or anyone else.
The TEL CoP is a community for COL’s TEL implementing organisations to connect, collaborate, create and celebrate their learning and success of integrating appropriate technology for teaching and learning. We focus on transparency and mutual respect and invite you to participate, give feedback and have your say. Before participating on the TEL CoP, please read the Community Guidelines, as you agree to follow them as part of these terms.
LINKING, MOBILE APPLICATIONS & THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS
Linking to the TEL CoP website
We would be delighted if you decide to link to TEL CoP from other websites or mobile applications, but you have to link to a full version of a page as seen by someone navigating directly our platform. That means we recommend not to use “in-line” linking methods resulting in images hosted on TEL CoP being displayed on other websites or mobile applications. You must not “frame” any TEL CoP pages by surrounding those pages with someone else’s content, materials or branding. We reserve the right to insist that any link to the TEL CoP website be discontinued, and to revoke your ability to link to the TEL CoP website.
Links from TEL CoP website
The TEL CoP website may contain links to external websites and mobile applications. We have no control or responsibility over anything on those websites or mobile applications, and do not endorse or sponsor those websites mobile applications, even if they are affiliated to us.
Third party developers
The TEL CoP website is based on WordPress and uses several applications to provide the services. You will need to form your own view about these applications and their developers; we are not able to warrant or endorse those applications and disclaim liability relating to these applications.
Eligibility, suspension or termination
Membership is not an automatic right, it is a benefit for community members who follow our reasonable rules and treat other community members well. We hope that you will be with us for a long time. But we do reserve the right, based on our reasonable discretion, to determine whether or not your use of TEL CoP complies with these terms. We can suspend or terminate your TEL CoP account at any time for any reason (acting reasonably of course), including if you don’t comply with these terms. If we do decide to permanently terminate your TEL COP account you must not apply for a new account.
Use of the Contents
Use the TEL CoP platform for your personal development and share the learning resources with others as per the conditions of Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License (CC BY-SA).
The contents of the platform are made available to all under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License (CC BY-SA). So, all the contents contributed by the users will also have default CC BY-SA license.
However, users may upload contents or share links that are available online to reuse and many not be available with an open license. We do not encourage sharing of materials for which you do not own the copyright. We are not responsible for any copyright violation by members, and will take appropriate action to remove the materials within one month of the notice.
Use of your data and content for research
- All research carried out via the Website is subject to internationally acceptable Research Ethics.
- Where data is gathered solely for research purposes which are not related to the learning or user experience of the platform, that purpose will be made expressly clear to you at the point of data collection. Participation in this type of research will always be conditional on your consent.
- Data shall be gathered on your use of the Website and analysed to develop reports that may be useful for governments and particular educational institutions. However, in all cases no individual participants will be identified.